Crunching the Latest PS3 Scene News!.

DigiTopZ #2

Hybrid View

Miscellaneous Rumor: Sony working on 'multi-channel TV service'

Sony to roll out over-the-top channels later this year?

According to some reports, Sony is supposedly planning a multi-channel TV service, and its currently in 'active negotiations' with two major content companies.

According to Variety, Sony is reportedly at work on a multi-channel TV service that will rival cable.

Apparently, the Japanese company is currently in "active negotiations" with at least two "major content companies" to license their programming for a service that would launch in the U.S. as early as later this year.

The unnamed sources described Sony's ongoing discussions as "far beyond exploratory." A Sony representative was not immediately available to comment.

Details are thin on Sony's supposed TV service, though it is expected to be composed of linear channels similar to that of traditional TV providers. The main difference is that such programming would be delivered through a broadband connection, thus allowing access to subscribers across the country.
    The TV service would work with Sony's lineup of connected devices, including the PlayStation 3, its rumored successor, Bravia TV sets, Blu-ray players, and first-party tablets.

For now, this is just a rumor, but the company could announce it at next week's Consumer Electronics Show. Stay tuned!

NEWS SOURCE #1: Article #1118064150 (via) Variety
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Sony working on cable rival report (via) GameSpot

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

-=( Gary from O.P.A. / Your Master Phoenix Admin / MaxConsole / PS3Crunch / 360Crunch / PSVitaGuru / WiiUNewz )=-

I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck this up too....

what Sony does.

I used to be proud of the Sony stuff I owned.. and in 10 years (from 12 to 22) their quality has gone to shit...
    Console: PS3 Slim 120GB HDD <02.23.2010>
    Firmware: 4.30 CFW
    CFW: Roger0's v2

Quote Originally Posted by Digital-Spooker View Post
    what Sony does.

I used to be proud of the Sony stuff I owned.. and in 10 years (from 12 to 22) their quality has gone to shit...
    The only things I have left in my place that say Sony on them are my ps3 and my home theater receiver. Once they go, I'll never buy another Sony product again and I was like you, I used to buy everything Sony but, like you said, their quality has severely dropped off and their attitude towards their customer base is crap. It's not hard to figure out why they are having financial difficulty.