DigiTopZ #2

CodeUnique3

Administrator
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: garyopa PSN ID: opagary

Miscellaneous Here's the supposed PlayStation 4 'Orbis' roadmap...

According to VGLeaks.

Site VGLeaks has posted the supposed roadmap for Sony's upcoming console, hinting a possible 2013 release.

Website VGLeaks, has posted a roadmap for Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4 'ORBIS' console, citing the product lifecycle since 2011.

It also suggests a potential 2013 release for the console...

Hi everybody and Happy New Year !!!

We expect many great things for the new year.

To inaugurate the new year we have some new info about the next generation console manufactured by Sony: Orbis.

In this case we have the earlier roadmap.

• 2011 June/July – PC with Win7 64-bit and a “jailbroken” ATI r9 graphics card
    • 2011 Sept/Oct – PC with Win7 64-bit and a “jailbroken” ATI r10 graphics card
    • 2012 Q1 – disclosure to more developers
    • 2012 E3 – potential unveiling window start
    • 2012 Jul – devkits for engineers writing OS
    • 2012 Q3 – first true hardware prototype devkits
    • 2013 E3 – potential unveiling window end
    • 2013 Q4 – launch

Soon we will put new interesting info about Orbis and Durango.
    The site has posted some other interesting info in the past, including some about the XBOX 720's 'Durango' Alpha kit and the Wii U's Final specs, which actually match with other recent rumors and leaks floating on the net.

However, and as always, take these with a grain of salt!

NEWS SOURCE #1: Orbis RoadMap (via) VGLeaks
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Forum Thread #507910 (via) NeoGAF

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryOPA For This Useful Post:

Yuu (01-12-2013)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    PS3 is perfect, thay're going to release orbis and some stupid DRM stuff just to make money >.>

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ultragoregrind PSN ID: ultragoregrind Steam ID: ultragoregrind
    ...so if this is true, the next xbox and playstation are pretty much the same hardware.

how boring!
    //
    // God Hates Us All
    //

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ultragoregrind For This Useful Post:

somenutter (01-12-2013)

Ex-Convict
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: http://techbliss.org/
    Well same hardware is good I think.. at least the multiplatforms should be equal on both and the exclusive games can be awesome like they are already on this gen!

I personally am gonna buy a Loop though
    I get the feeling it will be the better console
    Do you like anything to do with Android, Consoles, Retro Emulation, Coding/Hacking or just talking to ME
    http://techbliss.org
    For every person that doesnt sign up, I club a baby fur seal!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TomatOsaUce For This Useful Post:

Yuu (01-12-2013)

Administrator
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: garyopa PSN ID: opagary
    Both Loop and Orbis will have for sure 100% the same graphics chipset from AMD.

But the amount of RAM and actual CPU will be different.

But these days it is the GRAPHICS side of brain that matters the most.

Both having the same graphics engine will hopefully make it easier for developers.

But Sony been giving the developers on their side a bad run, since they have to code everything on the cloud, no actual SDK in their hands anymore.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryOPA For This Useful Post:

Yuu (01-12-2013)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatOsaUce View Post
    Well same hardware is good I think.. at least the multiplatforms should be equal on both and the exclusive games can be awesome like they are already on this gen!

I personally am gonna buy a Loop though
    I get the feeling it will be the better console
    Meh, I'm going to wait until it's release and then I'll pick up an RGH 360 and a couple of 2 TB hdd's and load them up with games. That will probably be my last system and with the number of titles I never got to play on the 360, it will probably last me the rest of my life.

I'll have my wii U for the new multiplatformers.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rednekcowboy For This Useful Post:

Yuu (01-12-2013)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryOPA View Post
    Both Loop and Orbis will have for sure 100% the same graphics chipset from AMD. But the amount of RAM and actual CPU will be different. But these days it is the GRAPHICS side of brain that matters the most. Both having the same graphics engine will hopefully make it easier for developers. But Sony been giving the developers on their side a bad run, since they have to code everything on the cloud, no actual SDK in their hands anymore.
    If what you say is true, I will not be buying either , If the Xbox isn't a fair way ahead of the Orbis id be surprised , I cant see Microsoft holding back on power just to make it easier for devs on cross platform games to suit who Sony ? And Sony isn't willing to spend as much as Microsoft this time round because of the shit they are in , So it would be a case of us losing to save on costs ?, If they have entered into a monopoly count me out it stinks!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Don't get the reason to be pissed..
    Both specs are miles ahead of the current generation of consoles.
    Again it's nowhere near top PC performance levels, but so it always was. (spare me from repeating buzz about oh so fast Cell CPU)

Costs aside, high performance PC levels means lots of heat. Not going to happen.

Both going with AMD makes perfect sense as well, AMD is not competitive with Intel in high end CPUs, but wipes the floor with Intel in GPU performance, which is much more important than CPUs on consoles.

I wouldn't be surprised if they opt for APU only solution (without discrete graphic card, but, maybe, with a bit more beefy gpu part, so "custom APU") since they are already pretty good.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medi01 View Post
    Again it's nowhere near top PC performance levels, but so it always was. (spare me from repeating buzz about oh so fast Cell CPU)

Costs aside, high performance PC levels means lots of heat. Not going to happen.

Both going with AMD makes perfect sense as well, AMD is not competitive with Intel in high end CPUs, but wipes the floor with Intel in GPU performance, which is much more important than CPUs on consoles.

I wouldn't be surprised if they opt for APU only solution (without discrete graphic card, but, maybe, with a bit more beefy gpu part, so "custom APU") since they are already pretty good.
    Because its takes the whole joy out of owning something unique , Something special , If everything was the same in this world it would be a boring place , And I've already got a PC So I want something out if the ordinary , Not just another run of the mill higher spec console that's exactly the same as another with a different dash and badge , That's not what I wish to spend my money on , I'd rather buy a top end GPU, They can both lose , Fuck em I won't spend a penny if they do that.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to somenutter For This Useful Post:

AlbedoAtoned (01-13-2013)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxPreatorianxx PSN ID: xPreatorianx Steam ID: xPreatorianx
    Quote Originally Posted by medi01 View Post

You act like its impossible to create a console with high level PC performance because of heat. If u know anything about the PC world it's rather easy to deal with heat. Consoles just need to be abit bigger in size and then they can handle similar design specs.

http://deviant-generation.com/ - my site. Contact me, Korn, and gDrive. I'm the most active but they do come over to speak to me. Likewise it's always a place to send them a message when you need to. Plus you can meet my graphics team!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xPreatorianx For This Useful Post:

somenutter (01-14-2013), Yuu (01-16-2013)