Crunching the Latest PS3 Scene News!.

Hybrid View

Miscellaneous Gran Turismo movie confirmed

Staring Clint Eastwood? -- An calmer Need 4 Speed movie? -- So many questions!

Sony confirmed a Gran Turismo movie is indeed in development.

It seems that Sony is planning an Gran Turismo movie to be released to the silver screen in the future.

Most likely it will be calmer Need 4 Speed, like an normal racing circuit movie, but rumors are Clint Eastwood is staring in it.

I wonder it plans are to release it around the time GT6 is out. -- We will update you once we know more about this story!

When approached about reports, a Sony Computer Entertainment UK spokesperson told Joystiq the Gran Turismo film is "being made," adding the company doesn't have any further comment.

Yesterday, The Wrap reported it had learned a Gran Turismo movie was in development, with The Social Network and Fifty Shades of Grey producers Michael de Luca and Dana Brunetti on board, and Sony Pictures executives Elizabeth Cantillon, Devon Franklin, and Hannah Minghella in charge. Those scant details remain unconfirmed.

With little to go on currently, we'll refer you to Dreamworks' Need for Speed movie for a point of comparison. Imagine that, but maybe with less crashes and more jazz.
    NEWS SOURCE: Gran Turismo movie confirmed (via) JoyStiq

-=( Gary from O.P.A. / Your Master Phoenix Admin / MaxConsole / PS3Crunch / 360Crunch / PSVitaGuru / WiiUNewz )=-

I wonder if he thought it was the squeal to Gran Torino

Quote Originally Posted by STLcardsWS View Post
    I wonder if he thought it was the squeal to Gran Torino
    The picture and Clint Eastwood was a fan joke, yes.

But sadly the movie is REAL:

With Universal, DreamWorks and Legendary all laying claim to "fast car" franchises, Sony is wheeling its own onto the track, putting a feature adaptation of the bestselling video game "Gran Turismo" into development, TheWrap has learned.

"Fifty Shades of Grey" producers Mike De Luca and Dana Brunetti will steer the action movie, which is based on the popular Sony PlayStation game by Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Studios.

"Gran Turismo" is the single biggest franchise for PlayStation, having sold 70 million copies worldwide. Sony execs Elizabeth Cantillon, DeVon Franklin and Hannah Minghella will oversee the project for the studio.

With "The Fast and the Furious" becoming Universal's biggest franchise, other studios are waving the green flag. DreamWorks' "Need for Speed" stars Aaron Paul of "Breaking Bad" fame, while Legendary is eyeing Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Simon Crane to direct "Hot Wheels."

Like those movies, "Gran Turismo" also has name-brand recognition and will seek to distinguish itself from competitors in the marketplace. The newest game in the series, "Gran Turismo 6," is expected to be available for the PlayStation 3 later this year.

For an idea of what a "Gran Turismo" movie could look like, check out this YouTube video of Spanish racecar driver Lucas Ordonez, who started racing virtual cars in "Gran Turismo" before graduating to the real thing. As a student working towards his MBA, Ordonez beat out 25,000 gamers for one of 22 spots in PlayStation 3's "Gran Turismo" competition, which served as a racing boot camp of sorts. Talk about wish fulfillment ...

NEWS UPDATE: http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...clusive-105431

-=( Gary from O.P.A. / Your Master Phoenix Admin / MaxConsole / PS3Crunch / 360Crunch / PSVitaGuru / WiiUNewz )=-

The next racing game-based movie will be Forza Motorsport, with Uwe Boll handlijg the direction and production duties1
    Instead of me being a complete and total dick and a prick, I should be on my best behaviour!