Crunching the Latest PS3 Scene News!.

DigiTopZ #2

Hybrid View

Miscellaneous Sony allegedly planning PS4 and Vita bundle for 'around $500'

Priced at the same bucks as XB1, you will get both Sony systems!

Looking to take advantage of Remote Play and the ability to stream and play PS4 games directly on your Vita handheld device. Sony is rumored to be working on a new bundle that combines the two systems

Don't you just love rumors started by a well-placed 'anonymous source':

According to Inside Gaming Daily's "well-placed anonymous source," the alleged bundle will cost "around $500" and release "at the end of the year."

First thing to note: This is only a rumor and should be treated as such.

Secondly, it just doesn't add up.

The PS4 is currently listed for $399, while the Vita sells for $249. By combining both in the $500 package, Sony would be taking a $150 hit on the Vita and for what?

The PS4 is already selling out at retailers and while the Vita sales continue to struggle, the ability to play on the handheld device (coupled with a slight price cut perhaps?) could help increase sales.

There's no real reason to bundle the two, especially so close to the PS4's launch and for such a cheap price.
    Like the quoted text above, I personally don't believe in this well-placed 'anonymous source' that has become yet another wild rumor!

NEWS SOURCE: Sony allegedly planning PS4 and Vita bundle for 'around $500' (via) GameZone

-=( Gary from O.P.A. / Your Master Phoenix Admin / MaxConsole / PS3Crunch / 360Crunch / PSVitaGuru / WiiUNewz )=-

no way its gonna be happen

People will just buy the bundle and then sell off vita to make profit

i think its most likely that there will be a ps4+camera+extra controller+free game bundle for around 500
    I used to be a high poster on the forums like you, then i took an arrow in the knee...
    »───|knee|───►

PS3 Slim 320g 4.30 CFM + PS3 Phat 160g 4.46 OFW + PS VITA 3G/WIFI OFW

Dont follow me on twitter because i am not a sheep herder.