Crunching the Latest PS3 Scene News!.

Gevey Pro

Gevey Ultra i5
Gevey Ultra S
Lightning USB
AT&T; iPhone Unlock

DigiTopZ #2

Unhappy Have fucked up big time. Please guide me accidentally updated to OFW 4.46

So as the title says: Was on 3.55cfw a few weeks back and updated to 4.41 Rebug lite. Today I proceeded to update to 4.46.1 Lite update but I think I have fucked up. I had an original disc inside the ps3 and it must have installed 4.46 OFW... Multiman works but nothing else from the homebrw apps and games, so I guess am dumb as fuck yea. Though I remember Dumping my NOR/NAND flash when I was updating from 3.55. Are these of any use? Should I dig them up if I find them? Is there anything else I can do now or is it the end of my cfw days?

Would really appreciate an answer asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    So as the title says: Was on 3.55cfw a few weeks back and updated to 4.41 Rebug lite. Today I proceeded to update to 4.46.1 Lite update but I think I have fucked up. I had an original disc inside the ps3 and it must have installed 4.46 OFW... Multiman works but nothing else from the homebrw apps and games, so I guess am dumb as fuck yea. Though I remember Dumping my NOR/NAND flash when I was updating from 3.55. Are these of any use? Should I dig them up if I find them? Is there anything else I can do now or is it the end of my cfw days?

Would really appreciate an answer asap.
    If you did update to OFW, the only way to get back to CFW is via a hardware flasher. Though it is weird that Multiman still works. When you say works do you mean that it loads games and you can launch them from app/home?

Quote Originally Posted by rednekcowboy View Post
    If you did update to OFW, the only way to get back to CFW is via a hardware flasher. Though it is weird that Multiman still works. When you say works do you mean that it loads games and you can launch them from app/home?
    Multiman loads, MMoS works I can see all lists including game lists in multiman but no I can't launch a game from app/home. So its pretty much done I guess?
    My PS3 is Slim cech-2003A btw.

Multiman loads, MMoS works I can see all lists including game lists in multiman but no I can't launch a game from app/home. So its pretty much done I guess?
    My PS3 is Slim cech-2003A btw.
    Yup, need a hardware flasher/downgrader. Check your local kijiji/craigslist/whatever, there may be someone locally that downgrades consoles. It usually isn't that expensive. Mine cost me $60.

Quote Originally Posted by rednekcowboy View Post
    Yup, need a hardware flasher/downgrader. Check your local kijiji/craigslist/whatever, there may be someone locally that downgrades consoles. It usually isn't that expensive. Mine cost me $60.
    So are you saying its not worth it doing it myself by buyin E3 Flasher/Progskeet/TEENSY++ 2.0 ?

So are you saying its not worth it doing it myself by buyin E3 Flasher/Progskeet/TEENSY++ 2.0 ?
    It's up to you, but you're looking at $120 worth of parts that you need to order......unless you are planning on making a business out of it, it's way cheaper and much less headaches just to pay someone else to do it.

I don't suppose you forgot to try using the rebug toolbox or install package files?

What version of mM are you using? You know you have to update it for complete functioning on 4.46, right?

Most things that worked on 3.55 have to be fixed to work on 4.xx+.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock O'Strap View Post
    I don't suppose you forgot to try using the rebug toolbox or install package files?

What version of mM are you using? You know you have to update it for complete functioning on 4.46, right?

Most things that worked on 3.55 have to be fixed to work on 4.xx+.
    Agreed. Try to install MM 4.46 base from package mgr. Come to think of it.. if you see Pkg mgr.. then you probably aren't on OWF. lol

that's weird, Multiman shouldnt supposed to be able to run at all when on OFW, not even the interface of the multiman shouldnt be executed. Also, in OFW, there is no app_home and Install Package files.

You can do this btw:
    *Assuming that you already updated Multiman to v4.46.01

- Launch Multiman
    - Disable BD-Emulation (in multiman settings)
    - Restart PS3
    - Launch Multiman Again
    - Enable BD-Emulation (in multiman settings)
    - Restart PS3
    - Now try Loading a game
    - It should work now.

Quote Originally Posted by rental View Post
    that's weird, Multiman shouldnt supposed to be able to run at all when on OFW, not even the interface of the multiman shouldnt be executed. Also, in OFW, there is no app_home and Install Package files.

You can do this btw:
    *Assuming that you already updated Multiman to v4.46.01

- Launch Multiman
    - Disable BD-Emulation (in multiman settings)
    - Restart PS3
    - Launch Multiman Again
    - Enable BD-Emulation (in multiman settings)
    - Restart PS3
    - Now try Loading a game
    - It should work now.
    The OP COULD try to start up SEN Enabler, and enable FULL CFW mode, and then restart it if the homebrew app works on the system

Instead of me being a complete and total dick and a prick, I should be on my best behaviour!