Crunching the Latest PS3 Scene News!.

DigiTopZ #2

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    does it need a disc eject to go back to cobra manager to choose other game ?

you need eject if you want to choose other game.
    it is pain in the ass don't you think so?
    But they will update this function to change I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    The COBRA manager has also been updated and is now at version 1.2. You can now load games without rebooting your console or ejecting the disc. Simply quit the manager after selecting your game and the manager will make the PS3 restart automatically. If you wish to quit the manager without rebooting, simply press X to discard the yellow dialog before quitting the game and it will not restart the XMB.
    How do we switch back to the manager, I'm guessing by ejecting and then re-insert the disc or reboot.
    What about this option for the switch back to the manager:
    Add a second .iso to the Cobra folder and make this load in XMB as well. The sole purpose of this iso should be to switch back to the manager.iso and reload the XMB. Now we can switch between games and manager without the need for reboots or ejecting.
    How do you think of this idea magneto?

And another question about the update proces:
    Can we update both files at the same time? Add them to the FAT32 drive and re-connect power. Will the bootloader and MCU be updated simultaniously?
    Last edited by SDeath; 09-27-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDeath View Post
    How do we switch back to the manager, I'm guessing by ejecting and then re-insert the disc or reboot.
    What about this option for the switch back to the manager:
    Add a second .iso to the Cobra folder and make this load in XMB as well. The sole purpose of this iso should be to switch back to the manager.iso and reload the XMB. Now we can switch between games and manager without the need for reboots or ejecting.
    How do you think of this idea magneto?
    From my point of view i do not think that will work, how is ODE could emulate 2 disks at the same time? since the real drive could not run 2 disks at the same time then the ODE can not also.
    But i think that maybe there is a vendor specific command to reset the blue-ray drive via code and without using the real eject button.
    Whoa Nelly. This was EPICALLY large. Please don't do that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Abkarino View Post
    From my point of view i do not think that will work, how is ODE could emulate 2 disks at the same time? since the real drive could not run 2 disks at the same time then the ODE can not also.
    But i think that maybe there is a vendor specific command to reset the blue-ray drive via code and without using the real eject button.
    Hmm didn't think of that. Well maybe it gives the team a idea how to implement this.

Mounting two iso is not possible, and modifying a game iso to add a file would break stealth for those who use IRD. The other issue is that even if we know that you want to switch back to manager, we still can't fake that the disc was ejected, it would only allow us to mount the manager the next time the PS3 reboots. We are aware that this is a frequently requested feature and we are looking into solutions for that. Just be patient for now.

to magneto.

Could you confirm HDD : Seagate Barracuda 2000G (ST2000DM001)
    I use USB-HDD CASE with this.Power is AC adapter.So this doesn't take power from PS3.

Also I have WesternDigital WD20EARS.But this one is slow speed and I don't trust much.
    I don't want to use this but for second solution.

But looks like File Number Limit again.
    Only few games install then it work.
    This is kind of bullshit...It is really make me crazy.Please check those issue.

I applied the update and it's working great

What can I say....
    Can you downgrade fw to 1.2?
    I really regret to update this fw.
    I checked cables.I changed HDD (seagate to Westerndigital)
    Also use 1TBHDD.but even 30 games doesn't work.
    Everything is the same result.
    I getting tired........I want to go back.

So unstable...Even you say,this is HDD fault.But I don't really get it.
    Because CFW can handle this HDD.Even use full space of 2TBHDD. and same cable,Same Case(Power from AC adapter.)
    Can't CobraODE handle such ordinary HDD? this HDD is not Special.

Small numbers of games only work.Are there proof that over 100 games installed and working perfect EVERYONE ELSE that you talk before?
    and I wanna know that everyone else using NTFS? FAT32?

Anyway,FW1.2 was better than 1.3 atleast not hungup or dispite disc...

plus,
    TEAM COBRA MUST TELL US(USER who plan to buy) THERE IS LIMIT NUMBER OF FILES.
    Even HDD has alot free space.

AND You should solve this issue to update FW.Not Update Device.
    Otherwise I have to buy another "NEW"COBRA.
    Of couse in this case,I never buy this.I'll go E3 ODE PRO.
    This is not fair.There is no information such limit is exist or such fragile HDD situation.

I'm sorry if I misunderstand about whole problems.
    I hope Team Cobra help me.
    Last edited by Xodus69; 09-27-2013 at 09:30 AM.

You don't need to downgrade because 1.3 is more stable than 1.2
    Your instability problems is because you did not install your ODE correctly. Make sure you used the double sided sticker to isolate the board from metal and that all cables are connected properly and pushed all the way through and stable.
    I already said we will release an update which removes that limit so just be patient.
    Try using multiman isntead of cobra manager in case the crash is caused by the manager, not the ODE.
    Any updates will be through a firmware update, not a new board, so stop thinking that.
    Be very careful in the way you address me next time and stop being insulting or I will stop giving you support.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast