Crunching the Latest PS3 Scene News!.

Gevey Pro

Gevey Ultra i5
Gevey Ultra S
Lightning USB
AT&T; iPhone Unlock

Miscellaneous PlayStation hardware sales lull as PS4 storm brews

Kaz you believe it? I think the storm in Kansas, has blow the Vita sales data away!

According to Sony's latest financial results, fewer PS3s, PS2s and PSPs were sold in the quarter ending 30th June 2013 than they were during the same period last year. Vita wasn't mentioned.

Sony's sales data is in for last month, as it shows that PS3 sales are much lower then this time last year, and that is of course understandable with the new PS4 just around the corner.

In the other dept. PS Vita, Sony is still doing the 'combined' math of Vita + PSP, so we have no clue how badly it is doing, but from the looks of it, sales are way down also on that side.

Combined PS3 and PS2 sales were 1.1 million, and last year they were 2.8 million. Combined Vita and PSP sales were 0.6 million, and last year they were 1.4 million.

This was offset by a rise in game sales (no doubt boosted by The Last of Us), numbers rising from 43 million last year to 64 million this year.

As such, Sony's Game segment performance was pretty much flat year-on-year, raking in $1.2 billion.

However, operating income for the segment plummeted 322 per cent down to -$149 million, which means the PlayStation business continues to make a loss. Sony attributed this to "an increase in research and development expenses related to the upcoming introduction of the PlayStation 4".

Sony also noted that it "received accolades" when it showed PlayStation 4 at E3 this year, and we all know that means.

Next quarter, ending 30th September, Sony expects Game segment sales to "increase significantly". It's a busier quarter in general, but could Sony also be alluding to some kind of PS3 price cut or deal to come? Gamescom is just around the corner after all, as is PS4.

Broadly, business was good for Sony. All-in-all a net loss of -$2.5 billion this time last year was turned into a $35 million profit this year.
    NEWS SOURCE: PlayStation hardware sales lull as PS4 storm brews (via) EuroGamer

-=( Gary from O.P.A. / Your Master Phoenix Admin / MaxConsole / PS3Crunch / 360Crunch / PSVitaGuru / WiiUNewz )=-

It's fairly simple.

If you want a console to succeed, it needs a hack. No hack=a failed system.

$ony should find a way to get an exploit into the right hands.....

what did they think, by making ps4 non back compatible, that they could keep ps3 sales steady or something
    i saw people trading in their ps3 at rapestop months ago to get on ps4 list

Quote Originally Posted by themuse View Post
    what did they think, by making ps4 non back compatible, that they could keep ps3 sales steady or something
    i saw people trading in their ps3 at rapestop months ago to get on ps4 list
    No, by making ps4 non backwards compatible they could keep the cost down..

Quote Originally Posted by rednekcowboy View Post
    It's fairly simple.

If you want a console to succeed, it needs a hack. No hack=a failed system.

$ony should find a way to get an exploit into the right hands.....
    Just look at the Xbox 360 (screw the Shitga Cuntcast, oops I mean the Sega Dreamcast - that system has a game collection that is as crap as the Nintendo Wii U) - it may have flopped in WeeabooLand but it has done well enough to have beaten the PS3 in terms of overall sales figures (at one stage/for the most part of the 7th Gaming Generation).

Instead of me being a complete and total dick and a prick, I should be on my best behaviour!