Crunching the Latest PS3 Scene News!.

DigiTopZ #2

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Post Official COBRA ODE Update v1.3

The new update is now available on www.cobra-ode.com
    Please read instructions in updated user manual for information on updating the bootloader.

We are releasing today a new update for the COBRA ODE. The bootloader is being updated to v1.1 which should fix everyone's problems with USB thumb sticks not being recognized. Please refer to the user manual for instructions on updating the bootloader.

Also, the MCU update is now at version 1.3 which also fixes the USB thumb stick access, as well as a few other small fixes. Please refer to the Changelog.txt for more information.

The COBRA manager has also been updated and is now at version 1.2. You can now load games without rebooting your console or ejecting the disc. Simply quit the manager after selecting your game and the manager will make the PS3 restart automatically. If you wish to quit the manager without rebooting, simply press X to discard the yellow dialog before quitting the game and it will not restart the XMB.

The third-party library is also being updated with many changes which break the previous API, and to better parse the new files available from the ODE. ODE Manager developers should read the documentation and review the new API when integrating. Also, please refer to the user manual to understand the changes to the file structure.

Note that initial orders may not recognize all the USB drives, so if the LED does not flash purple, the update may not have been performed. Use a thumb drive or hard drive which works with the ODE to install the initial bootloader update which will then fix support for all other drives.

We are working hard everyday on improving the COBRA ODE, most critical day one bugs are now fixed. We have just discovered a data corruption in the DISC.ISO file when dumping the original disc which we will fix as soon as possible. In the next releases, you can expect the following features :

geniso: IRD support
    manager: Disc dumping support
    MCU: PSX and PS2 iso support.

Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    Please read instructions in updated user manual for information on updating the bootloader.
    A very nice news magneto and free good support from Cobra Team
    I believe that the Cobra ODE will be the ODE No. 1 for the PS3 soon
    I'll test it and inform you back about my test result.

Thanks so much Cobra Team
    Whoa Nelly. This was EPICALLY large. Please don't do that :P

Here is my test result.

First the Cobra Team and the customer support is so excellent, both Bootloader and MCU update are working like a charm, both of them had fixed some HDD issue that i have before and also flash disks that does not work before.
    Also now we could select any game without need to restart or eject and reinsert the disk again
    Only quit the manager after selecting game and the selected game will appear in XMB after manager exit (This feature where only promised by E3 ODE Pro before ).
    Also the update library will help 3d party manager developer like DeanK and Rogero to develop more feature manager for Cobra ODE

Thank you magento and special thanks goes to Cobra Team for this huge update.
    Whoa Nelly. This was EPICALLY large. Please don't do that :P

I updated 1.3 and now getting terrible.
    I try to eject disc and reinsert but PS3 despite disc and no detect anymore.
    I have to power off complete and reset device.
    and also cobra manager won't work.hungup with black screen.

I use 40GB phat ps3. maybe slim work(?) but this one getting something wrong.
    or Did I do something mess up?

anyway I try to downgrade MCU but ofcause it couldn't do it.
    Now I'm stack...
    Help

Good job guys.

Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    Thanks Magneto the updates worked like a charm! Hats off to you and the rest of the Cobra team!

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus69 View Post
    I updated 1.3 and now getting terrible.
    I try to eject disc and reinsert but PS3 despite disc and no detect anymore.
    I have to power off complete and reset device.
    and also cobra manager won't work.hungup with black screen.

I use 40GB phat ps3. maybe slim work(?) but this one getting something wrong.
    or Did I do something mess up?

anyway I try to downgrade MCU but ofcause it couldn't do it.
    Now I'm stack...
    Help
    Unplug your unit and plug it back in.

no it is not that simple.
    I did unplug and plug it back.
    no difference.
    Maybe because of NTFS?
    I also update Bootloader.Maybe because of this?
    and also I update my Slim console and getting trouble the same.

it is so terrible!!!

This is my peoblem.

1.40GB FAT CONSOLE : NTFS 2TB drive.118 files in folder PS3_GAMES
    *Cobra Manager : Doesn't work at all. So I use Multiman (it work)
    *When I try to change game (eject disc and reinsert disc),Disc is come out everytime I inserted and no icon(desappier ofcause).
    *You can't even normalway turn off the console.it beeps and turn off.
    *If you want to change game,You have to completely turn off your console.Means unplug code and replug.

2.SLIM Console(2000) and HDD are the same with above.
    *Cobra Manager : Doesn't work at all. So I use Multiman (it work)
    *When I try to change game (eject disc and reinsert disc),disc is stay inside but no icon(desappier) and looks like disc is not detected.
    *You can't even normalway turn off the console.it beeps and turn off.
    *If you want to change game,You have to completely turn off your console.Means unplug code and replug.

useless now.and I can't downgrade to 1.2 even.
    Bootloader is OK I guess because Multiman handle this.

Triple check that your cables are connected correctly and they are not lose, if the cable is lose, it can cause issues. Try also a different HDD in case the HDD is defective and causing those issues. The ODE has been very stable for everybody else so your setup must be wrong somehow.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast